You’re a homeowner and determined your home’s roof needs fixing or needs to be improved with a replacement roof. You’re all set to get moving. What’s the optimal way to get a high quality roofer who will accomplish a good job? What could you look for in a roof contractor or contractor to obtain this work? Elbert
When homeowners choose to repair a roof or replace that roof with asphalt during the cold winter months, they’re often plagued by worries that their family will freeze before the job is completed. In the same vein, those starting a roofing job in the sweltering summer months worry that they’ll be facing heat stroke. These concerns are perfectly normal and common among many homeowners looking for roofing fixes or roof replacement contractors.
Roofing is an essential part of any housing. If the roofing is done improperly then there is a good chance of leakage or any other damage to the house. Hence, seeking a professional's help is always advisable.
Whether you have a new office, a house or any building and are in need of professional help to do the roofing then roofers are just a call away. Whosoever may be the roofer or any worker, working in an area of your house you need them to be friendly and trustworthy. Hence take up a roofer with loads of experience and who have a helpful team to execute the job efficiently. Sometimes you need roofings of your choice in terms of color and style, hence you need someone to guide you whether the roofings selected by you are suitable for the construction or not etc. These things need to be kept in mind before contacting anyone.
Roof Repair options
Roofers not only install new roofs at your home or offices, but they also give you loads of other repairing services like:
- Replacement of broken or missing shingles/ tiles
- Gutter leaks repairing
- Chimney re-painting
- Patching up holes, etc.
Chimney repairs are sometimes a part of this process where they may do chimney reconstruction, brick chimney repairs, rebuilds etc. Water leakage, cracking, exposure, usage, time, lack of maintenance etc. can lead to chimney damage resulting in need of repairs.
Hence roofing and roofers play a key role at times in your life when it comes to peaceful living.
Roofing Contractor Reviews - The 10 Commandments of Hiring a Roofing Company
Having the roof replaced can be one of the most costly things a homeowner has to encounter. Depending on the size of the home, a new roof can cost a few thousand dollars all the way up to tens of thousands of dollars. This is why it is vital to make sure you hire a qualified roofer who has a track record of proving quality service. Below are 10 things to consider before you hire a roofing company for your roof replacement job:
- Make sure the contractor is licensed in your local area. Have the contractor provide you with his or her licensing number and ensure it is valid.
- Ask for a minimum of three references from previous customers. Call the customers and ask them for the specifics of their job. Ask what problems they encountered and how the company addressed or fix any issues.
- Get bids from multiple companies. Three is a good number here. Get three companies to come out and ask them to provide cost estimates and references then compare all to find the one that seems best.
- Check with your insurance company to make sure the company is an approved contractor (if your homeowner's policy is paying for any part of the replacement of your roof).
- Check with the local better business bureau and read any complaints. You can also check with online services like Angie's List or Service Magic to read reviews from consumers in your local area (these last two will charge a minimal fee for access to this type of information).
- As for a copy of the companies current liability insurance plan to protect you if anything goes wrong.
- Ask to make sure the company has all relevant permits to begin the roofing construction project.
- Ask friends, family members and your insurance agent or banker if they have any recommendations for a good quality company.
- Do not pay up front for the job and do not pay in cash. If anything is requested, pay no more than 10 percent up front and never pay anything in advance of the work that has been completed.
- Get a written contract that spells out the entire price for the work and the materials. Make sure you stipulate that any additional materials will be paid by the contractor.
If you follow these 10 tips, you should feel confident that you have a good company to work with.