You’re a homeowner and determined your home’s roof needs fixing or needs to be improved with a replacement roof. You’re all set to get moving. What’s the optimal way to get a high quality roofer who will accomplish a good job? What could you look for in a roof contractor or contractor to obtain this work? Larkspur
When homeowners choose to repair a roof or replace that roof with asphalt during the cold winter months, they’re often plagued by worries that their family will freeze before the job is completed. In the same vein, those starting a roofing job in the sweltering summer months worry that they’ll be facing heat stroke. These concerns are perfectly normal and common among many homeowners looking for roofing fixes or roof replacement contractors.
Are you looking for a roofing company in Leeds and Wakefield? It's important
to remember that not only does your roof protect you against the harshest of
weather conditions; it also has a dramatic effect on the look and feel of
your property. With this in mind, when considering a roofing company you
need to make sure that you choose wisely. This article will help you to
consider all the attributes of a good roofing company before making this
Weather Resistance and Durability of Your Roof
First of all it's important to consider why roofers in the Leeds and
Wakefield area are so busy. In our area, for most of the year our roofs are
hit by a variety of weather conditions: rain, snow, sleet and even extreme
sunshine! It's very important therefore, to choose a roofing company who can
offer you impartial and practical advice about the suitability and
durability of the vast array of roofing materials that are available on the
market. Your roofing company should be able to offer sound advice and lead
you into making the correct choice about your roofing materials
Does the roofing company you intend to contract insure its employees against
injury? Does it insure its work and materials appropriately? This is an
important thing to have in place should the unexpected happen.
Does your chosen roofing company work to tight deadlines? You should enter
into a roofing contract without an agreed deadline. Doing so leaves you
venerable and means that you have no control over your roofing project. Make
sure that a deadline is part of your roofing contract. That way you can be
sure that you will remain in control of your roofing project.
All roofing work should be guaranteed by the roofing contractor for a
minimum time period. This differs between roofing contractors, some are
willing to offer extended guarantee period whilst others must provide the
standard guarantees set out within the roofing profession.
Different Types Of Roofing Services
Having the roof replaced can be one of the most costly things a homeowner has to encounter. Depending on the size of the home, a new roof can cost a few thousand dollars all the way up to tens of thousands of dollars. This is why it is vital to make sure you hire a qualified roofer who has a track record of proving quality service. Below are 10 things to consider before you hire a roofing company for your roof replacement job:
- Make sure the contractor is licensed in your local area. Have the contractor provide you with his or her licensing number and ensure it is valid.
- Ask for a minimum of three references from previous customers. Call the customers and ask them for the specifics of their job. Ask what problems they encountered and how the company addressed or fix any issues.
- Get bids from multiple companies. Three is a good number here. Get three companies to come out and ask them to provide cost estimates and references then compare all to find the one that seems best.
- Check with your insurance company to make sure the company is an approved contractor (if your homeowner's policy is paying for any part of the replacement of your roof).
- Check with the local better business bureau and read any complaints. You can also check with online services like Angie's List or Service Magic to read reviews from consumers in your local area (these last two will charge a minimal fee for access to this type of information).
- As for a copy of the companies current liability insurance plan to protect you if anything goes wrong.
- Ask to make sure the company has all relevant permits to begin the roofing construction project.
- Ask friends, family members and your insurance agent or banker if they have any recommendations for a good quality company.
- Do not pay up front for the job and do not pay in cash. If anything is requested, pay no more than 10 percent up front and never pay anything in advance of the work that has been completed.
- Get a written contract that spells out the entire price for the work and the materials. Make sure you stipulate that any additional materials will be paid by the contractor.
If you follow these 10 tips, you should feel confident that you have a good company to work with.